Plant extracts refer to products formed by using plants as raw materials, through the process of extraction and separation, according to the needs of the final product use, to obtain or concentrate one or more components in plants in a targeted manner, generally without changing the original components of plants. According to functional food oem needs, it can also be supplemented with a forming agent to make powder or granules with good fluidity and moisture resistance, but there are also a small amount of liquid or oily products.
1. According to the process and internal quality, it can be divided into simple extracts, quantitative extracts, standardized extracts, and purified extracts;
2. According to the pure natural plant extracts form, it is classified into solid extract, liquid extract, soft extract, etc.;
3. According to the formula and properties, it can be divided into single herb extract, compound traditional Chinese medicine extract and component extract.
1. Early stage of development: Before 1990, it was mainly represented by licorice extract and ephedra extract.
2. Early stage of development: From 1990 to 2000, it was mainly represented by Ginkgo biloba extract, green tea extract, fruit extract, ginseng extract, and Hypericum perforatum extract, and products began to be expressed as "extract".
3. Integrated development period: From 2000 to 2010, it was mainly represented by the rapid development of products such as paclitaxel, shikimic acid, artemisinin, natural pigments, and natural sweeteners things" category.
4. Standard development period: Since 2010, the FSMA regulations have been promulgated, and the US food safety regulatory requirements have become stricter.
Including natural pigments in food, natural additives, special food and health food, daily chemicals and cosmetics, formula granules and API, natural sweeteners, functional types of herbal extracts, traditional Chinese medicine extracts and plant essential oils.
Using the roots, stems, leaves, flowers, fruits, etc. of widely planted plants as the initial raw materials, extracting with appropriate solvents, and preparing color organic matter through separation, refining and drying processes, this type of organic matter is called plant. Extracts of natural pigments. At present, there are more than 40 kinds of main natural pigments on the market, such as capsanthin, marigold extract, gardenia yellow pigment, curcumin and so on.
Products obtained by extraction and processing of naturally synthesized sweet ingredients in natural plants are often referred to as natural sweeteners. According to its sweetness, it can be divided into low-intensity sweeteners such as sucrose and beet sugar; and high-intensity sweeteners such as steviol glycosides, mogrosides, sweet tea glycosides, licorice extracts and neohesperidin dihydrochalcone. The gradual replacement of sugar with natural high-intensity sweeteners is the main trend in the food and beverage industry.