The botanical extracts use plants as raw materials. According to the needs of the use of the extracted final product, through the process of physical and chemical extraction and separation, a product is formed by directional acquisition and concentration of one or more active ingredients in plants without changing the structure of the active ingredients. Inquiry botanical extracts wholesale.
According to the different components of the extracted plants, glycosides, acids, polyphenols, polysaccharides, terpenes, flavonoids, alkaloids, etc. are formed; according to different properties, it can be divided into vegetable oil and essential oil, extract, powder, lens, etc.
The most refined botanical extraction methods are:
1. Crushing method:
The simplest method is to use mechanical tools to apply pressure to make the plant sap flow out. All citrus plants use this method.
2. Extraction method:
After dissolving the essential oil with a solvent, and then separating the solvent, a method for obtaining pure essential oil products. Due to the nature of essential oils, it can be divided into three methods:
(1) General solvent extraction method: Most essential oils use this method to extract non-polar solvents, such as petroleum ether, toluene, etc.
(2) Resin extraction method: The essential oil with high boiling point is difficult to volatilize, and the general extraction method will waste heating energy, so this method is adopted, and resin is used as the solvent.
(3) Carbon dioxide extraction method: This method must be used for heat-sensitive essential oils.
3. Distillation method:
There are two methods of dissolving essential oils using water vapor, direct and indirect:
(1) Direct steam distillation: The most common essential oil extraction method, the method of blowing steam directly from the bottom of the distillation column into direct contact with the extracted plants.
(2) Indirect steam distillation: The method in which the extracted plant is heated to boiling with water.
In addition, some natural essential oils need to be refined and purer after refining, or those whose color has turned black, they can be refined by vacuum distillation. The steam is only used for heating and does not come into contact with the essential oils.
There are two main extraction processes of pure natural plant extract.
1. The liquid-solid extraction method: Extracts media such as water, alcohol, petroleum ether, etc., is mainly used to extract complex botanical preparations.
2. The distillation method: Mainly used for the extraction of volatile oils, such as various natural spices, etc. But often the two are used together.